- If you have light / very light skin, the initial sun exposure time should be about 15-30 minutes. This time can be increased by 10 minutes per two days of continuous exposure.
- If you have blond skin, usually with freckles, which almost always gets sun burns and never tans, experts recommend that you use for the first days of sun exposure sunscreen with SPF50/SPF50+.
- If you have mediterranean skin, initial exposure time should be about one hour. This time can be increased by 20-30 minutes every two days of continuous exposure.
- If you have skin that gets sun burns occasionally and tans easily, usually combined with brown hair and eyes, typical mediterranean skin type, experts recommend that you first use sunscreen with SPF 20-30.
- If you have dark complexion, which never burns and tans very easily, experts recommend to use for the first few days of sun exposure sunscreen with SPF 15.
If you tan enough, you can switch to lower SPF in order to achieve even deeper tan by always ensuring your protection.
All of the above apply, provided that you avoid exposure to sunlight during the period of 11.00am to 3.00pm and wear the appropriate SPF for your skin type.